Emergency Pick-Up Procedure
Please make certain your Emergency Information Card on file with the school office is accurate.
In the event of a school wide emergency, such as an earthquake or lock down, please:
- Stay calm
- Do NOT come to or call the school, as staff will not necessarily be able to answer the phones or the door right away
- ait for a call from the school letting you know that it is safe to come pick-up your child(ren).
Emergency pick-up is a two-step process:
- Adults go to the Request Gate (a.k.a. the “Kinder Gate”) at Bowdoin and Swarthmore (see map below).
- All adults must show a picture ID. School staff will confirm that the picture matches the adult and that the name on the picture ID matches a name on the child’s Emergency Information Card on file with the school.
- The adult then receives written authorization from the school staff to pick up the child at the Reunion Gate.
- The adult proceeds from the Request Gate to the Reunion Gate at the top of the stairs at Swarthmore and La Cruz (see map below)
- School staff bring the child to the Reunion Gate.
- The adult must turn in the written authorization to pick-up the child at the Reunion Gate.
- The adult and child leave together.